DanceWorks exists to celebrate dance and theatre through study and performance, aspiring to reflect and enrich the rural communities it serves with integrity to moral family principles.
Registrations for summer 2020 are now being accepted
Summer Arts Camps 2020
Triple Threat Camp – Morden
- Kenmor Theatre (130 7th St. Morden)
- August 10 – 14 – this week is for 1/2 day camps (ages 6-8)
- Aug 17 – 21 – this week hosts both a Full Day Camp & 1/2 Day Camp
- Full Camp per week (ages 9 +) 9 AM – 4 PM / $ 160
- 1/2 Day Camp per week (ages 6-8) 12:30 – 4 PM / $80
- “Triple Threat” indicating campers will be “acting, dancing, and performing a new rhythm discipline”
- Due to spacing – registrations are limited
DanceWorks 2020-21 Season
DanceWorks is excited to release its fall dance/drama schedule. We remind everyone that the schedule is still tentative as adjustments may still occur. We thank you for your patience as we navigate through the next number of months.
Dance Class Online Registrations
DanceWorks will begin taking registration for the 2020-2021 season for returning students as of August 10. New students can begin registering as of August 17. At this point, we encourage everyone to register on-line.
- Office Administrator: Vanessa Klassen
- Office Location: Kenmor Theatre, 130 7th Street, Morden, MB, R6M 1E2
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 204-822-9981
Dance & Drama Class Fees
Fees for DanceWorks classes for both Morden and Manitou are based on the number of weeks the program is running in each of these communities:
- Morden Studio 1-hr Dance Class: $340 (taxes included) **
- Morden Studio 45-min Dance Class: $255 (taxes included)**
- Morden Studio 1-hr Drama Class: $270 (taxes included)
- Drop in fees are $15 per class
Registration Fees & Details
** For the 2020-21 Season, we are asking dancers to pay their class fees in two installments – for example a normal class would see: a September installment of $200, and a February installment of $140.
**The class fees do not include recital costume fees. If the class is not included in a final recital, no costume fees are required. There are no costume fees for students in drama or musical theatre. COSTUMES will be decided upon in November and Costume fees to be paid by Dec 15 (please note that when ordering costumes, many costumes need to be measured and ordered in early January)
**RECITAL – We are making a number of plans to host a dance recital in May which may take one of a number of possible formats. Ideally we would like to have a larger event where the dancers could all be together, however we are already planning for alternative formats with safety and respect for health guidelines in place.
** Contact the office regarding fees for classes longer than an hour, discounts for students taking multiple classes, or discounts for multiple family members
Single Drop In Fee – $15.00 (taxes included)
- Youth 8 & under: $65 (taxes included)
- Youth ages 9-11: $70 (taxes included)
- Youth ages 12+: $75 (taxes included)
The following payment options are available:
- Cash or Cheque
- Visa or Mastercard
Studio Office Hours
September to May: Mondays & Thursdays (4 – 8 PM) or by appointment
**Office Hours are subject to change for Holidays, Christmas, and Spring Break