DanceWorks exists to celebrate dance and theatre through study and performance, aspiring to reflect and enrich the rural communities it serves with integrity to moral family principles.
DanceWorks 2021-22 Season
DanceWorks is excited to begin the next season of dance and drama classes as of the week of September 20-24. Registrations opportunities are still open (click on the “Morden Studio 2021-22 Registrations” tab below to submit a registration. Check out the information below for schedule, calendar of events, and further down about other details.
Dance Class Online Registrations
DanceWorks will continue to take online registrations for the 2020-2021 season until early October.
The DanceWorks Studio operates with the following locations in Morden:
- OFFICE – Main level foyer of the Kenmor Theatre, 130 7th Street, Morden, MB
- Ballet/Jazz Studio – upper level of the Kenmor Theatre
- Auditorium Studio – Dance Floor in front of the stage and/or on stage – Kenmor Theatre
- Multi-purpose Space – St. Thomas Anglican Church – 131 8th Street, Morden (behind the Kenmor Theatre)
- Office Administrator: Vanessa Klassen
- Office Location: Kenmor Theatre, 130 7th Street, Morden, MB, R6M 1E2
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 204-822-9981
Dance & Drama Class Fees
Fees for DanceWorks classes are based on classes from late September to early December, and from January to May. A Christmas Break and Spring Break are taken into consideration.
- Morden Studio 1-hr Dance Class: $340 (taxes included) **
- Morden Studio 45-min Dance Class: $255 (taxes included)**
- Morden Studio 1-hr Drama Class: $270 (taxes included)
- Drop in fees are $15 per class
Registration Fees & Details
** For the 2021-22 Season, we are asking dancers to pay their class fees in two installments – for example a normal class would see: a September installment of $200, and a February installment of $140. If families wish to pay in full, that option is available, however we remind everyone that though we plan to have classes in person, if restrictions require us to, classes will move to online format over Zoom.
**The class fees do not include recital costume fees. If the class is not included in a final recital, no costume fees are required. There are no costume fees for students in drama or musical theatre. COSTUMES will be decided upon in November and Costume fees to be paid by Dec 15 (please note that when ordering costumes, many costumes need to be measured and ordered in early January)
**RECITAL – We are making a number of plans to host a dance recital in May which may take one of a number of possible formats. Ideally we would like to have a larger event where the dancers could all be together, however we are already planning for alternative formats with safety and respect for health guidelines in place.
** Contact the office regarding fees for classes longer than an hour, discounts for students taking multiple classes, or discounts for multiple family members
Single Class Drop In Fee – $15.00 (taxes included)
- Youth 8 & under: $65 (taxes included)
- Youth ages 9-11: $70 (taxes included)
- Youth ages 12+: $75 (taxes included)
The following payment options are available:
- Cash or Cheque
- Visa or Mastercard (in person)
- Interac/Debit (in person)
Studio Office Hours
September to May: Mondays & Thursdays (4 – 8 PM) or by appointment (Starting Sept 14)
**Office Hours are subject to change for Holidays, Christmas, and Spring Break